Sunday, December 9, 2007

BioShock (360)


I’m just not a first person shooter kinda gal, I always move my head in the direction I want to go and can’t grasp the 3 dimensionality of the double analogue controls. The eerie ads for this one really intrigued me though. (Plus I wasn’t aware it was a FPS until I got it home… kind of an impulse grab it off the shelf and pay for it situation) needless to say I wasn’t prepared for the emotional involvement… um... involved? in playing a horror FPS. In the beginning when crazy guys ran at me singing Sunday school songs I panicked, faced the wrong way stared at the floor and couldn’t figure out which way was up, down, left or right with all the darkness, blood, screaming and instructions being yelled from a radio I picked up in an underwater elevator. It took about ten minutes to move with any confidence, I still freaked out every now and then when I wanted to see in a normal field of vision. They need to start making this sh*t in real polarised glasses 3D.


Photo courtesy of http://www.gamespot.com/

No comments: