Thursday, November 22, 2007

Zelda for Wii, I'm a Bit Let Down...

I will rant about this in the Bane of the Game portion of my review when I'm done the game, so I won't go on for too long.

I am very disapointed with the controls and I'm sure that Nintendo put a lot of energy and money into creating them, but what were they thinking making them so close to just a regular hand held controller that I'm not sure the super awesome Wii sensor is necessary. Perhaps it's because Twilight Princess was originally a Game Cube game and there was too much effort required to add the controls. Perhaps they think games would want to move around very much. If it was the later, then they could have put something in the options menu to switch to the regular controls. For those of you who haven't played it yet, the swinging of the sword requires the most subtle of wrist wiggles. We all know that many of you are very good at wrist wiggling ; ) but I'm sure that unless it's a game with pretty ladies (or wooly sheep for some) you'd rather swing a sword than make that 'get the ketchup out the bottle' motion and I fully agree with you!

No comments: